4. Patent Watching and Observing
We can set up Alerts for patent applications that may pose a problem for your products or services. Once identified observations may be submitted to th e Patent Office before the patent applications is granted. We can assist with European Patent Oppositions too along with our European Patent Attorney associate firms.
5. Patent Drafting and Filing
Maximum possible commercial protection is achieved by registering your IP. We can either prepare patent specifications to be filed by our Patent Attorneys or prepare full Invention Disclosures for your own Patent Attorneys to finalise and file at a Patent Office. Both options have the potential to save considerable Patent Attorney time and costs.
6. Patent Box
We assess your costs and tracked pr ofits from relevant products to prepare your report
and associated calculation for inclusion in your tax return. We can advise on:
- The implications of existing R&D eligible expenditure on calculation of relevant IP income.
- Managing corporation tax benefits of the combination of both R&D tax relief and Patent Box schemes.
- On-going legislative changes & impact on current or future patent box claims.
The knowledge and experience of our people! Dr Edward O’Gorman has over 20 years’ experience in the Patent Profession, including private and industrial practice. Jonathan Kennedy is an expert in both Patent Box and R&D tax relief, with experience in both accountancy practices and specialist firms, and leads our in-house Patent Box team.